The following projects underpin the Councils vision of ensuring Collie continues to be developed as a great place to live, visit and invest. This will ensure our community benefits from the regional and state significant developments occurring in Collie.
- Central Business District Revitalisation
In May 2009 Council adopted the CBD Redevelopment Plan, a copy of which appears below, along with a colour and materials palette. Please note the CBD Redevelopment Plan is big (24MB) so it is best to right click and Save Link As.
The CBD Redevelopment Plan proposes implementation in stages over a period of ten years. The first stage focuses on streetscapes, the Steere St pedestrian connection and entry environments.
Progress to June 2011 included:
- adoption of a Colour and Materials Palette.
- implementation of landscaping works in front of the Replica RailwayStation. Design for the remaining portion of the Steere St connection is complete.
- a streetscape upgrade for Forrest Street between Steere and Harvey Streets has commenced.
- design work for Prinsep St between Throssell and Steere Streets is complete.
- Wilson Park Concept Plan Vision – An urban redevelopment
In 2009 the South West Development Commission commissioned consultants to prepare a Wilson Park Concept Plan in consultation with the community and the Shire of Collie.
Following consideration of public comments on the plan, Council at its meeting of 13 July 2010 resolved to support implementation of the plan subject to a few changes (as detailed in the recommendation).
A copy of the Wilson Park Concept Plan Vision (consultation version) and Council’s resolution can be downloaded below. Please note the Wilson Park Concept Plan Vision (consultation version) is a large file (13MB) and may take some time to download. A copy of just the Wilson Park Concept Plan Vision Map can also be downloaded.
The Shire of Collie is now progressing some works through its normal works program and is continuously looking out for funding oportunities to implement the Wilson Park Concept Plan (as amended).
- Collie SuperTown Project – The Regional Centres Development Plan (SuperTowns) is a Royalties for Regions initiative to encourage regional communities in the southern half of the state to plan and prepare for the future so they can take advantage of opportunities created by Western Australia’s population growth to 2050. Further information is available from the Department of Regional Development and Lands. [filebase:file:file=562]
- Revitalisation of the Collie River – A 15 year vision for the Collie River
- Mine Workers Memorial Olympic Swimming Pool revitalisation
- Development of the Collie Motorplex
- Opening of Lake Kepwari