In May 2009 Council adopted the CBD Redevelopment Plan. Please note this file is big (24MB) so it is best to right click and Save Link As.
The CBD Redevelopment Plan proposes implementation in stages over a period of ten years. The first stage focuses on streetscapes, the Steere St pedestrian connection and entry environments.
Progress to June 2011 included:
- adoption of a Colour and Materials Palette
- implementation of landscaping works in front of the Replica Railway Station.
- completion of the design for the remaining portion of the Steere St connection.
- commencement of streetscape upgrade for Forrest Street between Steere and Harvey Streets.
- completion of design work for Prinsep St between Throssell and Steere.